Used to do art, somehow my canvas turned into cakes... Still learning, and slowly developing so maybe one day it will be more than a hobby...

This blogg is here for me to share my hard earned knowledge about making and decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies and cakepops. I am self taught, so I have therefore learnt the hard way. Hopefully you won't have as hard of a time. Good luck, and Enjoy! J.

söndag 31 augusti 2014

Forever&EVER.




I shall call this one my SECOND first wedding cake. The reason? Well even though I loved making my first one, I flew out to Jersey near France for it. It was two friends of our getting married out there, and they preordered ready made blank cakes, that I would then decorate. I only had a carryon so I couldn't bring gum paste, or even half my tools. So it was one I made where it was the best I could do at the time with the restrictions (time and tools) that I had.  And considering all that, I loved that cake! 

This cake however, I had all my tools plus all the tools I had to get to make it. Like Sugarveil, Hydrangea cutters, edible pearl paint... Yeah, I felt like I had everything I needed, plus some extra's to play with. Loved it. And hope you love the result as much as I do.

My sisters happen to be very good at weddings. They know exactly what is needed to give you that extra oomph. They did my wedding 7 years ago, and I am still in awe of what they did with what they had to work with. They know where to be stingy and where to go all out. They know what details matter and which ones don't add that wow factor. They are pretty much awesome!

So this wedding of a family friend of ours ended up being a bit of a family affair. My sisters were the wedding planners, I made the cake and did the hair (I am also a hairdresser) and 3 of my nieces, my Mom and I helped with the serving and kitchen on the night. And let me tell you, we had a blast! I think we should start some sort of wedding or party planning service where everything is included. Yeah, I'm all for it. What is it they say?! Love what you do and you won't work a day of your life? Yeah, I think I would looove that :).

Anyway, so here is the cake. It has 2 different tastes. 
1. Chocolate sponge with a salted dulce de leche and Whipped cream cheese frosting layer, and a light chocolate mousse with chopped up hazelnut truffles layer.
2. Vanilla sponge with a vanilla bavaroise layer, and a lemon curd and  Lemon whipped cream cheese frosting layer. 

I am always worried that people will be disappointed in how it tastes even though I myself thinks it tasted amazing. But there were pleeeenty of people that expressed how much they loved it. And that they ate it even though they were completely full. I even had the wife of a guy come up to me and tell me that he normally never eats sweets but that he had basically licked the plate. So Yeah, I was chuffed. 

So happy with how it all turned out. Hope you like it as much as I do!

Enjoy!
-J.






SO Happy with how the flowers turned out!

This was the sketch I came up with. I'm not great at the sketching bit, but you get the idea ;-)



Forever&EVER.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar